American Library Association
- Director-at-Large, GLBTRT, 2018-2020
- Continuing Education Advisory Group, PLA, 2017-2019
- Fundraising Committee Chair, GLBTRT, 2017-2018
- New Professionals: Podcast Team, LLAMA, 2017-2018
- Leadership Development Committee, LLAMA, 2016-2018
- Fundraising Committee, GLBTRT, 2016-2017
- Annual Conference Local Information Committee, NMRT, 2016-2017
- Liaison (CLA & PLA), NMRT, 2016-2017
- Stonewall Book Awards Youth Committee Chair, GLBTRT, 2016-2017
- Division and Membership Promotion Committee, YALSA, 2015-2017
- Footnotes Committee, NMRT, 2015-2016
- Stonewall Book Awards Youth Committee Administrative Assistant, GLBTRT, 2015-2016
- YALSA Blog Contributor, 2015
- Margaret A. Edwards Collection Development Grant Committee, YALSA, 2014
California Library Association
- Teen Programming Co-Chair, YSIG, 2016-2017
- CLA Young Adult Services Award Committee Member, BAYA/YSIG, 2016
Illinois Library Association
American Library Association Student Chapter
Conference Committee Chair
- Mentor, LLAMA, 2017-2018
- Mentor, Hack Library School, 2014-2017
- Conference Buddy, GLBTRT, 2015-2016
- Mentor, Illinois Promise, 2013-2014
- Emerging Leader (LLAMA). ALA Midwinter Meeting and ALA Annual Conference 2017.
- Group project hosted by PLA: More than Your MLIS: Experience and Continuing Education Recommendations for Emerging Public Library Leaders
- EBSCO ALA Annual Conference Sponsorship. ALA Annual Conference 2015.
- Student-to-Staff Program (YALSA). ALA Annual Conference 2014.
- More than Your MLIS: Experience and Continuing Education Recommendations for Emerging Public Library Leaders. Poster presentation at American Library Association Annual Conference 2017. Chicago, IL. June 23, 2017.
- Tech in the Street & Fostering a Film Community. Presentation at Computers in Libraries. Arlington, VA. March 30, 20176.
- Making Makerspaces More Welcoming to Girls and People of Color. Webinar presented for LibraryLinkNJ. Virtual (Adobe Connect). February 9, 2016.
- OCLC Symposium: Millennials in Transition. Panel presentation at American Library Association Annual Conference 2015. San Francisco, CA. June 26, 2015.
- Chasing Storms or Rainbows? Panel presentation at Library 2.015 Spring Summit – The Emerging Future: Technology and Learning. Virtual (Blackboard Collaborate). April 30, 2015.
- Top Technology Trends (Coding for Girls and Smart Home Technology). Panel presentation at American Library Association Midwinter Meeting 2015. Chicago, IL. February 1, 2015.
- LITA Members Talk Tech Trends, Library Journal
- How libraries are using technology to ‘stay up to speed’ with patrons, Chicago Tribune: Blue Sky Originals
- Promoting Digital Literacy: The De-mystifying Technology Workshop for Families. Presentation at the Critical Media Literacy Conference. Bloomington, IL. March 22, 2014.
- Supporting All Learners in School-Wide Computing: A Cross-Case Qualitative Analysis. Poster presented at the Public Engagement Symposium. Urbana, IL. March 11, 2014.
- FIRST LEGO League Robotics Club: Coaching Manual. Poster presented at the Learning in Community Showcase. Urbana, IL. December 9, 2013.
Training & Workshops Attended:
- Disability Awareness Training. State Council on Developmental Disabilities: Silicon Valley-Monterey Bay Office. April 29, 2016.
- Project Management: A Skill Set Every Leaders Needs. LLAMA. April 22, 2016.
- What’s New in Young Adult Literature and How to Use it in Your Program (Grades 6-12). Bureau of Education and Research. April 20, 2016.
- Touchpoints Approach Training. California State Library and Brazelton Touchpoints Center. April 12-14, 2016.
- Storytime Fundamentals: Adding Literacy Skills and Parent Involvement to Storytime. Infopeople. December 2015-January 2016
- Picture Books and Challenges: Dealing with Controversial Topics in Children’s Collections. GLBTRT & IFRT. November 2015
- Successful Programming for Babies and Toddlers. Infopeople. September 2015.
- Teens & Tech: Creating Successful STEM Programs in Libraries. TechSoup for Libraries. May 2015.
- Why do they act like that and how am I supposed to deal with it? Working successfully with teens, children and parents in public libraries. Pacific Library Partnership Staff Development Committee. April 2015.
- What’s New in Young Adult Literature 2015 Update. Infopeople. April 2015
- American Library Association Annual Conference. Chicago, IL. June 22-27, 2017.
- Computers in Libraries. Arlington, VA. March 28-30, 2017.
- American Library Association Midwinter Meeting. Atlanta, GA. January 20-24, 2017.
- American Library Association Annual Conference. Orlando, FL. June 23-28, 2016.
- American Library Association Midwinter Meeting. Boston, MA. January 8-12, 2016.
- School Library Journal’s SummerTeen. Virtual. August 13, 2015.
- American Library Association Annual Conference. San Francisco, CA. June 25-30, 2015.
- American Library Association Midwinter Meeting. Chicago, IL. January 30-February 3, 2015.
- YALSA’s Young Adult Literature Symposium. Austin, TX. November 14-16, 2014.
- American Library Association Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV. June 26-July 1, 2014.
- Critical Media Literacy Conference. Bloomington, IL. March 22, 2014.
- Public Library Association Conference. Indianapolis, IN. March 12-15. 2014.
- American Library Association Annual Conference. Chicago, IL. June 27-July 2, 2013.
- Gender Identity and Trans* Literature for Youth
- Religion, Questioning, and Difference: Books Where Faith Matters